Friday, March 21, 2014

My First Julep Maven Box {Nail Polish Subscription Box}

Hey Everyone, I am so excited for this review. I feel like I have been obsessed over this subscription box lol. I for the longest time thought "why do I need that, I buy nail polish all the time?" I really never thought I need a subscription service for nail polish but there is something about the formulas and surprises that they throw in from time to time that makes the whole experience just so fun. So this is my first box and the 1st one is always free w. shipping. I paid $3.99 for all 3 polishes and extra buffers. I will leave a link and code for you to get yours free too!! 
Julep Maven Code: FREEBOX enter at checkout 
I got the IT GIRL Box. 
You take a style quiz which got me all wrong lol but the good  thing is you can go through all the boxes which are 4-5 I believe and pick which ever box you like. 

Now onto the polishes. I got Elle (Purple), Libby (Teal) and Bunny (white) 
Let's start with my surprising favorite...Libby. It was a cream finish and in one coat it was so beautiful and strong I didn't need another coat. I am usually a 2 coat girl. It was just easy and effortless to apply and dried within 5 minutes. 

Bunny is special bc she is a white with gold sparkles. It's a really fancy way to pull off a white nail polish. They are so subtle that if your not looking closely you will never see them. First coat went on a little streaky, second coat made it perfect. I had wished it was like the Libby polish but I understand this has sparkle where as the cream was exactly that a cream. Both were laying on my fingernails so beautifully. 

Next was Elle, super beautiful in the sun. It had specs of shimmer running through it but didn't streak ...weird. I would have though that Bunny and Elle were the same type of formula since both had sparkle but they don't apply the same. Also drying time was within the 5 min mark. So impressed and I understand why retail these are $14.00. I also got 2 buffers that work really well as an extra in the box. 
The packaging from the box it comes in to the packaging on the products is recyclable. The polishes are 4 FREE which means no harmful chemicals in the polishes. 
I am excited bc just a couple of months ago Julep has started bringing makeup into the fold. So I am excited to play with those at some point. They also have this Wizard of Oz set I would just love to add to my collection. 

So my plan was like everyone else's get the 1st month and cancel. Instead I ended up placing a regular order bc on Julep "Maven's" get 20% off in the store. Julep is open to the public as a reg store they just have the monthly opportunity of being a Maven. I got sent an email w. a promo for a free gold glitter if I buy $10 & free shipping (always) so I bit. I purchased a couple polishes and an add on they had for St. Paddy's Day so I got 6 Polishes now on their way to me for $15.98. 
Total. I also just selected my Classic w.a  Twist April Maven Box haha. The formula's and colors just sucked me in. Pretty fun and fantastic. I would give it a try and not resist as long as I did bc I could have had this kind of fun and experience so long ago!! 

I will have a blog post on my new precious ones as soon as they come in the mean time here is my unboxing of this 1st box!! #soexcited 



No comments:

Post a Comment